Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom).
You can cook Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- It’s 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- It’s 2 of boneless thighs.
- Prepare 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- You need 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1 of egg (optional).
- Prepare of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water x2.
- Prepare of Chicken Marinade.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) instructions
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..