Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). A vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Adapted from Cooking Light's Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly
Here are some health benefits of stuffed zucchini: Zucchini squash are low in carbohydrates and calories, and are brimming with. This is a yummy light, "Veggieful" meal that is a great alternative to the usual beef-stuffed zucchini. I love cooking with zucchini and other types of squash! You can have Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- It’s of zucchini.
- It’s of mozzarella slices.
- It’s of texturized soy (dry).
- You need of mushrooms.
- It’s of green onion.
- Prepare of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- It’s of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
There are so many different flavors you could "stuff" into them. Today I'm sharing one of my. With basil, fresh tomatoes and cracker crumbs, these Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are sure to be a hit. Zucchini has never been tastier than when stuffed with Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms with basil.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) instructions
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
Now, most recipes for vegetarian and vegan stuffed zucchini call for baking them in the oven. So, once you stuff it with some flavorful veggies and the protein rich superfood quinoa, top with just I love love love stuffed zucchini. We grew zucchini in our garden, and I had more zucchini than I. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini – a delicious and super flavorful filling with vegetables, cheeses and Panko. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwiseand hollow it out.